We sell the prepay products that drive people into your store.
Activata Prepay’s history and pedigree
Activata has been providing over the counter payments and prepaid services to New Zealand retailers since 2003.We changed our name in 2012 from Ezi-Pay to Activata as a result of a partial sale of our business. The name change was an opportunity to reflect what we really do for consumers, retailers and supply partners. We activate products, services and payment methods in convenient, high traffic retail locations. We have always been at the forefront of developing innovative ways to engage with consumers in the places they shop most often. Four years on from 2012 we have continued to grow our business and deliver significant and meaningful innovations to our retail network and supply partners. As we look to the future of our industry we are more determined than ever to lead the way in creating and delivering smarter and exciting opportunities to everyone we touch.
Well established pedigree
Here are a few of the major achievements in our scrapbook since our inception in 2003.
- First to provide electronic activation service to all New Zealand Telecommunication Companies (Telco’s) – this extended the Telcos’ reach and security in the distribution and management of prepaid mobile top up pins
- First to provide phone cards as mag activated cards available for instore display and sell through. A better method of sale to pin on receipt for discretionary purchase products and industry, leading long term recharge by winning wallet space
- First to allow recharge of phone cards though a retailer channel. Fostering great supplier/consumer relationships for many resulting in recharges in excess of 50% of cards issued
- First to provide top up services for phones in other countries. Bringing revenues to NZ retailers for the activation of value on internationally located mobile phones
- First to recognise the opportunity of the new category of prepaid gift cards
- Creator of the Gift Station (a card mall) in 3rd party retail locations allowing consumers to choose and activate gift cards from dozens of retailers.
- First to offer online music downloads as a gift card
- First to provide gaming and digital media products to retail stores allowing a broad range of retailers to engage in the multibillion dollar business of online gaming
- First to retail 3rd party gift cards online en-mass with electronic activation
- First to foster and prove the return from in store formatting and placement of gift cards and other virtual goods in high traffic areas driving strong category growth and retailer and content providers success in this new category in NZ retail
- Fastest growing Retail business in Deloittes NZ Fast 50 in 2007
- 2nd fastest growing company Deloitte NZ Fast 50 in 2007
- 15th fastest growing Technology company in Deloittes Asia-Pac Fast 500 in 2007
- First to deliver Restricted Access Network gift cards in Grocery retailers
- First to design and deliver a comprehensive In House Gift and Christmas Club program across 450 independent owner operated stores, serviced by 3 regional support offices
- First to deliver an ActivPOS a solution that enabled FMCG suppliers access to regular reliable and accurate basket level sales data from 350 independent convenience retailers
- First to provide an integrated and comprehensive retail activation and recharge of Transport Ticketing
For everything we bring to market we have a simple set of principles to work with:
- Are we adding value to everyone involved, consumer, retailer and supply partner
- Can we deliver this in a cost effective and intuitive way and if we were the retailer would we find this compelling?
Our present and future
Now, with a mature market and our collective know-how we are excited at the prospect of providing profitable and compelling products and services to our partners that will deliver competitive advantage to all we engage.
Who we are
We provide high quality service and excellence in activation, payments and promotion.
We are Kiwi owned and operated and Our New Zealand based teams are always ready to help.